Saturday 14 November 2009

Crew Party

2009 07 12 – Day 16 – St Petersburg

A big party was held on the beach in front of the Peter & Paul fortress. It could have been quite good if it hadn't been for the worst bar management I've ever seen! Given that there were hundreds of thirsty sailors and each with enough tokens for 3 free beers, I don't think 2 bars with 6 staff between them was enough... epecially when it was slowly poured draught beer and they let some genius order for his whole crew! After 20 mins being pressure cooked by the heaving mass by the bar, who seemed oblivious to the fact they'd be waiting for days at this rate, I squeezed out, barely alive, threw my tokens at the nearest infant, got myself a free water or three and went off to dance!
The music could have been better too, half the time it was dodgey Russian techno but at least it was upbeat. I think it's the first time I've been on a dancefloor where all those dancing were at the back... because the front was occupied by transfixed seaman, bamboozled by the on-stage gogo girls...

...seemed like a particularly Russian addition to a party.
Managed to still have a good time boogying with some of my crewmates.
Positivity & enthusiasm wins the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment