Friday 13 November 2009

Wandering St Petersburg

2009 07 10 – Day 14 – St Petersburg

The race had been a fast one and we had arrived early. The official Tall Ships in St Petersburg hadn't yet kicked off and the crew perks like free entry to certain sights or free metro travel were not yet applicable, so I spent the day wandering the city... the 3rd biggest in Europe! Phew! I was tired at the end!
Following are reproductions of the light that bounced into my retina that day.

Big Opera type building. There was another of equal size just across the road that didn't look as good.

I doubt the real transforming credentials of this particular vehicle... but if anyone (Ross most likely) is interested, the exchange rate was roughly 50 Roubles to the pound when I was there... admittedly I'm writing this a while later but you never know!


A typical St Petersburg street – in the central area at least. Looking closely, you should be able to make out the monster storm drains they have... it must really rain cats & dogs here sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment