Monday 25 January 2010

Leaving Moscow

2009 07 25 – Day 29 – Moscow

As good as Godzillas hostel was, I was a bit disappointed that they didn't help me remember to retreive the deposit for my dorm room key! Dammit! $20 wasted! Having maximised my time as usual, I had eaten into my safety margin time for getting across Moscow by metro and so had left in a hurry... though I'd checked out earlier in the day... and was served by a different person than who had dealt with my arrival... I didn't even realise I was due the money until the next day. Lesson learned I hope.

Getting across Moscow was fine as by now I was a Moscow Metro pro, but understanding where in Paveletsky station I should go and by when was complicated by my inability to read cyrillic characters. It was fortunate that I arrived in good time because I was able to ask around until I found someone who could communicate with me sufficiently that I had confidence that they both understood what I needed and what the answer was!

No comments:

Post a Comment