Sunday 20 December 2009

Helsinki to Moscow

2009 07 23 – Day 27 – Helsinki

The Helsinki to Moscow train certainly feels like a special train as it sits at its platform. Smartly dressed train staff/officers/guards stand to attention by the open doors with the air of an different era of travel when service had a touch more ceremony about it all.

I drop my bags in the cabin I'm sharing with a young Russian family of 3 and return to the door to enjoy an enthusiastic, silly and fun goodbye from Sanna & Nunnu.


Watching the Finnish landscape roll by I reflect on the journey so far and the new chapter I'm about to begin. Until now, I'd had a friend or a relative to meet, or a pre-arranged activity to join up with. Now I have a route and a timetable, but I don't have all my tickets and I don't have all my accommodation and so now I really feel like I'm heading off on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment